If you would like to support Midtown Detroit, Inc. and our mission to revitalize Midtown & New Center, then please donate. With your support, we can continue to transform the Midtown Detroit, Inc. District into one of the finest places in the world to work, live and visit.
By contributing you are supporting:
- Programs and promotions that put dollars directly back into the hands of local businesses and will help attract visitors in the future.
- Clean and safety programs that benefit local businesses – including sourcing Personal Protective Equipment and coordinating informational support during COVID-19.
- Creative events, which bring our community together and attract business for the District’s independently-owned art galleries, retailers, restaurants, cafes, and more – including Dlectricity, New Center Park and Noel Night.
- Beautification efforts keep Midtown and New Center clean and beautiful for residents and visitors to enjoy. Includes trash pick-up, graffiti removal, and snow/ice management.
- Parks and Greenways to keep our outdoor spaces places of relaxation and enjoyment for all. This includes our dog park, greenways and medians throughout the district.
CARES ACT CHARITABLE GIVING UPDATE
New Deduction Available: Individual taxpayers who previously were not allowed to itemize can deduct charitable contributions up to $300 (or up to $600 for married couples) from their 2020 taxes. This means you can reduce your taxable income up to $300 (or up to $600 for married couples) on your 2020 taxes.
New Charitable Deduction Limits: Individuals and corporations that itemize can deduct much greater amounts of their contributions. Individuals can elect to deduct donations up to 100% of their 2020 AGI (up from 60% previously). Corporations may deduct up to 25% of taxable income, up from the previous limit of 10%. The new deduction is for gifts that go to a public charity, such as Midtown Detroit, Inc.
*This information is for educational purposes only and we encourage you to consult your professional advisor for your situation.